Saturday, April 12, 2014

30DOB Days 3-6 (Group Rides, Blizzards and Concerts oh my!)

The days are flying by and I've made a decided decision (paging the Department of Redundancy Department) that I need to break up the blog posts here a bit...as opposed to doing one post for days...3-12[?]

- There would be too many words for you to read and blogs such as this one, with limited readership to begin w/, can scarcely afford to alienate readers even further by writing a short novel in a single post.

[Editor's Note: Despite Erik's claims to the contrary, the real reason that the posts have been split up in this manner is that he began the post on April 6th, "Day 6" and titled the entry as such, but did not fill in any of the subsequent detail until the date posted, the 12th]

So, Thursday's ride. The group ride on April 3rd. It started out beautifully, if with a mild dusting of snow and I like most...or some...or maybe just me, had decided to believe that the weather forecasters were going to be proven horribly wrong.

I think that pretty much sums up my experience, and while I don't have picture that accurately depicts how much snow actually fell while we were out and about, Patrick did make a flip-a-gram (I still don't really know what this is) that shows us leaving the dance party at First Avenue, which four of us attended after the ride.



It shows me trying to blow the snow out of the attachment for my bike computer. Losing battle...to say the least. But, we rode...I was one of two, out of the 11 or so, that had slick tires...so when the snow really started to come down, things got hectic for sure and my ride home from First Ave did involve two hills which required that I carry my bike. Now I'd like to say at this point I was carrying my bike cause.. WORKIN' out MAN! YEah! - but that isn't true. The fact of the matter is that I was carrying my bike because when I could not possibly pedal the thing and there was so much snow that when I pushed it, the rear end would get just coated in snow and the rear tire would stop spinning.

But! I did eventually make it home, exhausted from dancing and blizzard biking and proceeded to give my bike a shower. [I could not figure out another way to get all the snow out of the gears without just leaving it to melt, which struck me as the best way to achieve Rust...which we all know never sleeps]
Oscar, The Cat, also thought this was a strange idea.
It was an epic ride that the next few days could hardly stack up against. Now, I know I titled this entry Group Rides [covered], Blizzards [covered] and Concerts [forgot about til now]. To be fair to myself, I wrote that title last week. But watch me work the magic of blogging. I can mark this thing as having been posted 4/6/14 - Now the problem with the concert bit, is that I'm not totally sure what I was referencing. I don't think I attended a concert in those 4 days. I did sing with my choir...maybe that was it.



Regardless. Till next time.

-Erik
Soundtrack of the Moment: Aivi and Surasshu - Distance (Bicycle Trip)

No comments:

Post a Comment