Wednesday, April 2, 2014

30 Days of Biking 2014 (Day 1 and 2)

Greetings world. Here is me, trying to awaken this old blog out of its slumber.

I've always enjoyed writing here (and writing in general), but I've always done so rather intermittently. This makes sense, given that the self-described subject of the blog is "A blog about productivity and pushing thought into action." A blog about productivity has very little to say when you are not feeling very productive.

But!
Amongst other things, to reinvigorate this whole bit, I've decided to document my participation in this year's #30daysOfBiking movement. I've participated the last several years and if my memory serves me correctly this is year 5 for those who started it (Patrick, Zach, et al.).

I've loved doing it in years past, but this year is the first year that I've decided to try and be more involved with the documenting, social media, process, as well as the group events and group rides.
For those unaware, 30 days of biking is a pledge to ride your bike, everyday in April. All 30 days. For some that may seem daunting, for others not so much. There are not ride length requirements or anything of that sort...just make sure you get on the bike. (To pledge, or for more info see www.30daysofbiking.com)

For those of you who know me, you know I love to bike. I've always enjoyed it and always been big on using it as a form of transport. But a few years back I really started to get in to long distance biking. This required training and a goal. That goal was CANDISC. The trip was awesome and the training and riding that led up to it and followed it were even more awesome. In short, I was hooked.

So, this winter....to be brief, I have experienced what has been the most difficult Winter of my adult life (Now is the Winter of our discontent...). I won't bog down the generally uplifting tone of this post by going into details, but suffice it to say, a couple of personal issues, a few medical issues, a less perfect for me job, and a regular battle with seasonal affective disorder, all got together to try destroy me this winter. They did a good job, but here it is April 2nd, and I'm standing.

Me. Standing. On a thing. Near our campsite, on Candisc.
 So, I've decided that I'm going to wake the hell up for spring and try and push my life a little harder with some positivity and productivity. Part of that will be involving myself as deeply as I can with #30DaysofBiking. I've gotten on the bike for day one and two already, as well days -2 and -1 (There is no zero...) and while there were things worth documenting...The start of this and push I'm going to give are more worthy of the word count. Speaking of, I'm kinda getting into the Twitter thing big, which was not the case previously, if nothing else to teach myself to be more concise.




So. Here we go. Riding bikes and doing stuff. I've got choir and maybe a concert tonight. Oh and I've discovered my U-lock is missing...30 days of biking and #2days of Frustration.

-Erik
Soundtrack of the Moment: Chvrches - "Strong Hand"

No comments:

Post a Comment